Thursday, September 8, 2011

One Thing


Sometimes we don't need God to teach us ten or even fifteen things, just to walk away from meeting with him with ONE thing. That one thing you can then focus your attention on, or in my multiple-level way of thinking bring it along side my focus on the things around me. So as I go about my day or week, maybe even...a month. I think on that one thing. No, I don't. I get distracted, other things come up, and that thought gets shoved far back in my mind.

This is my goal, to have one thing that God wants me to focus on that must change about myself. At a class last night I read something that made my head spin for a second, and I threw the thought in the "Melting Pot" second. The part of my mind that just rolls things over and over, breaking them down until they're better understood. But the quote was talking about how God separates us from sin, and my first reaction was...huh? I've grown up hearing all my life about sin separating me from God, how my sin creates a wall between God and me and how Jesus removed that wall to bring me to himself.
I never considered that God might...defend me, or build a wall to separate me from sin. Sin was something I've viewed as consistent, always, but I can't view it that way anymore. It will fade away, Christ will remain. Have I partaken in the gift of defense from sin? Not yet, for already the day begins in darkness. It will not remain such, for my Lord is light and he will not allow darkness to rein in me.

So, as I go about this day, my intention will be to allow Christ to stand between me and sin, as a father will stand between his child, or a friend to protect a friend, a husband between his wife and the world, this is how my Lord stands between me and the evil I can choose to partake in.

No comments:

Post a Comment