Thursday, February 26, 2009

Good things

So, things have been going amazing lately. My friendships are, for the most part, balanced and calm. I've learned things about God and just been able to relax and not force a smile. And OMG! I'm preparing to ask the most amazing and wonderful girl in the world out today! I am excited and trying very hard to remain calm and you know, at least somewhat collected.
She's already said she won't say no, but I'm still worrying about what to say... I don't want to ask her like I already know, it won't be special if I did that.
Anyway, I've noticed things are, for me at least, going rather well, and... I've been settling myself, digging my roots deep and getting prepared to hang on for dear life. I don't know what's coming, but I get the feeling that something is about to come roaring in. I know this because God never promised us freedom from trouble, but security and strength within the struggle. I've been given a "break" and I need to make the best of it.
See, the reason most people freak out and get all worried when trouble comes is because they relaxed, everything's going great, I have no worries. By doing that they drop their guards, and the enemy, during this time of relaxation is digging his foot in and preparing to take that foothold and rib you open with it. I've had this happen to me over and over again. I'm not going to let it happen again if I can help it.
I wish I could say things are going as well for my friends, I wish I could just reach out and hand them some of my joy and happiness and share with them. Some I have been able to do that with, but not as many as I would like.
God is good and he'll take care of them as he has taken care of me, but not if they turn against him and run. He can't help them if they run, he won't force them to come to him.
I wonder what all God's got planned for the near future....

No comments:

Post a Comment