Sunday, March 15, 2009

Working for who's glory?

Passion that leads to anger is not of the Lord, but a desire to do the best for Him will produce good.

That's not a quote, I wrote that after watching a friend of mine. He has a great passion for what he does and wants to do his best, he works very hard to do it right and carries more than his share of weight. The flip side is that in order for him to do what he does requires trusting in others to be on time and carry their own weight, which they don't at times, because they are human and lose their focus. When this happens it makes him angry and he takes offense because he feels like he is blamed if things come out wrong even if it's not his fault.
I understand this very well, because I'm that way as well, I want to do what I do correctly and to the best of my ability and I too get angry when other people come up short and make me look like I don't know how to do my job. But I've realized, there is so much going on in other peoples lives that I know nothing about and I have no idea what might be distracting them. So, I've decided to work to the best of my ability and to swallow my pride and try to encourage those around me so we can all do better. To bring glory to God, to shine where things might be dark.
I don't want the light of God's love to be dimmed because I let my pride and the lies of the enemy put me in a foul mood! God is the reason I'm working, God is the only reason I take my next breath, God deserves praise no matter what is going on, and things are only as dark and dreary as I allow them to be. God wants to shine through his people, he wants to use his people, to work along side them and empower them to do far more than they could ever possibly do on their own.
I don't want to be the one that hinders the light, I want their to be a unity among the people of God that transcends reason, that people will see that we love what we do and we do it not for ourselves but for God's glory.
Who will join me? I know I'm not alone. I'm tired of being trampled by the enemy, Satan has no power over me, why should I let him and my sinful nature dictate how I act? I serve the power that created the universe with mere words, that weaved reality as we know it from nothing, if I truly believe that then I can run to God, my first true father, who planned my existence before anything existed. He will lift me up and His love will shine through me.
If my friend reads this, just focus on God, do it for Him, pray that the others will do the same, encourage them to follow Him, and everything will fall into place.


No comments:

Post a Comment