Saturday, March 7, 2009

Love

I've been thinking about this word a lot lately.
And I've seen love on a lot of different levels, cause... to me there's only one love; it's qualities are always the same, patience, kindness, holding no record of wrongs, and so on. (1 Corinthians 13, look it up)
But it can be expressed in many different forms and ways. I love my family, and my friends, my girlfriend, my siblings, my "brothers", my "sisters", but I treat them all differently. I have the same love for them, but I can't treat my brother the same way I treat my sister, I can't treat one of my "sisters" the way I treat my girlfriend, I don't treat a friend the way I treat a "brother". My love for them is all from the same source, therefore it is the same love. but just expressed differently. Do you keep a record of wrongs for you brother, but fully forgive your wife? do you treat you son with kindness, but speak harshly to your sister? which do you love more? and how can you say you love one but not the other, to say you don't love the other goes against the fact that you love another.
Our world has perverted the word Love, it is Holy, Pure, Gentle, Kind, Selfless, Caring. Are you truly loving those around you? can you look at everyone on the same level and love them? I'm not saying treat the begger like your sister,or am I?, but you can love them with the same passion and God will show you how to act.
I want to do this! I want to be this, this is my goal, to look at two side by side and love them with an equal passion that only comes from God.
I will mess up, I will fail, I'm only human, but I intend to stand up again. To keep fighting my self, my own sin, my own desires, and seek God's Holy and Perfect will.
Seek God. Remain focused solely on Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment