Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Rising out of the ashes!

I love duel meaning titles! They are quite exciting. For instance, today I have brought my blog back to life after a unintentional time of silence and it's the topic of the blog! Amazing right? Anywho...

Well, I've been thinking about phoenixes for the past few minutes, they are one of my favorite mystical creatures. They are in a constant cycle of death and rebirth, they rise up majestic and beautiful from the dust and soot of their ashes. In the same way I see Christians in a constant style of death and rebirth. Jesus called us to die to ourselves, and John the Baptist said in John 3:29-30 "The one who has the bride is the bridegroom. The friend of the bridegroom, who stands and hears him, rejoices greatly at the bridegroom’s voice. Therefore this joy of mine is now complete. He must increase, but I must decrease."

John know his place, purpose, and goal. It was to be "...the voice of one crying out in the wilderness..." (John 1:23a) So, he died to himself when Jesus came, he stepped out of the way and pointed to Jesus, crying out "Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!" (John 1:29b) We should be the same! We have made so much of Christianity about us, our feelings and our wants, that we've missed Christ. Boldly we should be pointing to Him.

I am a failure at this, I have pointed to myself for many years. But God has created a work in me, and Paul said "And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ." (Philippians 1:6) If Paul, who was Saul, brought the Word to the Gentiles, and who saw Christ on the road to damascus (Acts 9:1-9) could have such confidence in God, then I think I can too.

Big words... I pray God gives me the measure of strength I need to go forward with this.



No comments:

Post a Comment