Sunday, February 2, 2014

How everything went wrong...

Now, I know my last post was heavy so I'll start off on a lighter note. 

It's Super Bowl Sunday and the Seahawks whipped the Broncos.

Onto the serious.

Just kidding, this one is pretty light, but I do want to start off by listing everything that went wrong this morning for Tech at LifeCity.

Worship leader got sick and lost his voice, had to change songs because worship leader couldn't sing, the lights decided to be rebellious, the control tablet had a glitch, a video didn't render, we were short handed... you get the idea.

I have a awesomeness scale for Sunday mornings: more things that go wrong = how awesome Sunday will be. This morning was a 7+ before service started on the wrong to awesome ratio.

It ended up being on a pure awesome scale of well over 11. 

Why? Because God.

God had a plan for this morning, and it happened exactly how He wanted it to. No bumbling of man, or technological glitches were keeping this morning from happening. The worship was flawless, and God clearly spoke through Darby and the message. It is a privilege and an honor to be a part of all of this.

We're doing a series on Covenant and Kingdom by Mike Breen for the next 5 weeks. Our whole church and CityGroups are doing a book study at the same time, it's incredible. You can sense the movement that God has stirred in us as a body and I'm super excited to see where He's taking us through this. I'm pretty stoked inside even though I'm physically exhausted as I write this.

So, that is it, I just wanted to share some light hearted excitement with you all. 

God bless you, whoever you are, wherever you are, and whatever you are going through. I prayed for you tonight while writing this, be encouraged and full of joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment