Monday, May 21, 2012

Dancing with Fireflies

I went for a walk tonight. My friend and I found a trail next to a shopping center and we walked, back and forth. Talking, praying. I did most of the talking, and he mostly prayed. It was a gorgeous night, the sky was dark blue, and the horizon was a line of gold fire, and spectacular colors were everywhere. The greens of the path, the dark shadows as the sun set, the fading light in the sky. As we walked, and the light faded, fireflies began to appear. Anyone who was ever a kid in North Carolina knows what fireflies mean. Summer is nearly here.
Now, this isn't about summer, or walking, or sunsets, or time with friends. It's about something I thought about as my friend was praying. I got this image of instead of walking, he and I were dancing down this path and fireflies rushed out the trees all around us... And suddenly... He was there. God was dancing with us, pure joy not corrupted or hidden by the scars and weights of this life. We were expressing ourselves, the cries of our hearts, and the image faded away. But it left hope behind, because one day there will be a new earth and I want to dance down sunset trails dancing with fireflies with my Lord.
Then there will be no shame, embarrassment, or fear.
Only Him, and Him alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment