Sunday, March 18, 2012

A Word Whispered in Silence...

But Mary treasured up all these things, pondering them in her heart. 

(Luke 2:19 ESV)


Sometimes I have an issue with talking... words tumble and spill out of my face, rambling and lost. They lack direction and substance, words half considered, thoughts hardly complete. They are the mutterings of better men, the thoughts of those wiser than I.

But this... this is me.

Words have been whispered in my ear, the kind that would have shattered the foundations of worlds. Secret words that I could not repeat to you, the kind that would cause me to lose my mind simply trying to describe to you the depth, the color, the scent, the feeling. THOSE words, frozen in our minds, they exist forever. They bring tears to our eyes, cause our hearts to skip, and our stomachs churn. They bring joy, and also sorrow.
These are not words mentioned in jest, or spread around to become vile and common. They shaped the world, brought proud men to their knees weeping. Caused death to fall upon the liar and the cheat. The ground swallowed nations at their utterance.  They are the words that caused a man of royal dignity to dance with no shame among the common. The caused a mass murderer to evangelize the known world. A thief to beg forgiveness as he hung in agony from one in equal position.
I heard these words, and forever I will ponder them in my soul. I cannot explain them to you, they have too much substance to be formulated into a phrase, to express in vocal or written language. My brothers and sisters... you know of what I speak. This love, the forgiveness, the mercy and grace, the sacrifice, the LIFE! Words cannot explain and yet we must speak! Actions are hollow and vain but still we will act! A martyr's death with The Name on our lips would be but dust in the wind and still we would die! Something so Pure, so Holy, a secret knowledge shared among the brethren of the depth of our allegiance. Eternity is too short for us, once we are capable of speaking those words back to Him, to tell Him of our gratitude!
These words cannot be spoken in this life, but they can be seen, felt, sensed, understood! If we hold fast to this foundation of eternal stone, no attack of the enemy will succeed. He has already lost, he is not the king of hell, he is not the lord of death, and the looming scythe will not fall by his hand. We have nothing to fear from a liar, a cheat, a shadow whispering evil in the dark, a twisted darkness disguised as light.
God has cast him out of heaven, and a time is coming when he will be cast into the lake of fire to endure eternal torment. So will others... if we don't LIVE as those alive. We live among the dead and play-act at life, when we should live life by dying. People will never hear the secret words that resonate in their souls, they will never experience life whole and complete if we live the lives of the dead. God is all that is of importance in this life... His are the Secret Words, private, personal, but passionate and LOUD! I want to live so that I don't have to use words, so that I will be invisible and that the atheist will acknowledge that there is a God in Heaven, and that my Brothers and Sisters would fall with me on our faces with one goal and purpose. 
To worship our God and to love Him with all of our strength, mind, and will.

You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.

(Deuteronomy 6:5 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment