Sunday, July 24, 2011

Eyes


Eyes have a way of piercing the soul. They're like daggers, stabbing in and digging around searching for something...anything. Some look for faults, cracks, blemishes. Some look for strength, security, dedication. Some look externally, never caring about what lies beneath. Others ignore the outer, caring only for the true being. A very few seek for nothing, for they have already found everything. They have no need to judge, expect, or decipher. They have seen their own faults, and found strength. The outside is without meaning to them, and they love the true self.

I was talking to my friend last night, and the subject of eyes came up. I informed her that she's truly one of the few people I can look in the eye and carry on a conversation. The reason for that is because I can see in her eyes, the peace, love, strength, and security that comes with a heart truly devoted to Christ. She isn't perfect, but she truly cares for the sake of caring, she loves for the sake of Christ, and judgement is never an option.

My first thought is that I'm jealous, I long to be that way, then I decide to cast off jealousy. Instead of jealousy, I want inspiration. Drive. Challenge. Encouragement. Too often I feel that we, The Church, are so quick to become jealous of the Pastors, for they are anointed, The Elders, for they guide and direct, the Deacons, for they serve. We grow jealous of the Worship Leaders, because they can publicly stand before others and their talent is on display. Missionaries, for they go out in the world with a clear goal.

I'm not sure if this is true for many people, but I know it is for me. I also sense in my soul that the feeling is not mine alone. So, I pray for my brothers and sisters, that they will draw encouragement, that they will feel a calling, and that the pressure they feel will not be a cause for surrender, but a challenge to be beaten. They are the sons and daughters of God, when their brother has a gift or their sister is blessed, they are blessed as well. They have not been forgotten or neglected, they will in turn bless others if they allow themselves to be blessed.

I hope someone finds encouragement from this, or at the very least a different way of looking at their Church and those that are gifted within it.

God be Praised

No comments:

Post a Comment