Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Sunday Christian


The beat is intense. Every strike of the drum makes your heart quicken. soon your blood is flying through your veins. Everything speeds up, your breath, your reactions, your vision is sharper, you're truly ready for anything.
Then suddenly... the drum stops, you blood freezes in your veins, and a dagger is stabbed deep into your heart... by your own hand.

This shocks, maybe even horrifies you to read, or maybe you're numb to it, I don't know.
But what I know is that I've done this, and maybe you have too. See, this is the Sunday Christian. Sunday they are fired up, ready to take on the world, but the alarm beeps on Monday morning and they're once again dead. They kill themselves spiritually. I know because I've been one of those, in fact... I was this this Sunday, except I didn't even make it past LUNCH! I killed myself quickly after... why? I'm not entirely sure, but I know it had to do with the fact that My Sunday image and my weekday image don't match up.

Now that I've realized this... I'm just going to keep doing it.

Wait, does that sound right? Oh, I've realized I keep taking the wrong medicine and am putting myself at great risk, so I'm just going to keep doing it. Oh, I just realized I'm on the edge of a deadly cliff, so I'm just going to keep walking. Oh, that round in the gun was a blank, I'm going to pull the trigger again.

Yes, I'm being sarcastic, in a attempt to make my POINT CLEAR!
I'm not going to continue killing myself weekly, I'm either going to always be dead of be completely alive. For you Sunday Christians that read this... what's your choice?
God Bless,

No comments:

Post a Comment